Initiating the entire Organization into “Preparation” is fundamental to transformation. It’s just not about one segment that’s committed – the commitment has to be an “INCLUSIVE” approach – Management & the actual Users. And, the Company has to be ready to reinvent itself – around Customers, Product Offerings, Org. Structure, Business Models, Work & Skills to name a few. For, Technology per-se cannot bring any transformation!
Our guiding principles for Technology enabled Business Process Re/Design – irrespective of the starting point (Current State or Clean Slate)
- Combination Design Focus: With Customer as the Pivot – “Outside-In” + “Inside-Out”
- Base design on Purpose and Principles of the Company
- Look at the entire Company as a System – around Customer Encounters/Demands
- Look at Service as “end to end flow” and design for “RIGHT” CUSTOMER VALUE, around Customer Demand, Company Intelligence and Customer Service
- Do not be constrained by Current Company Conditions
- Think of systematizing anything that repeats itself & Plan for Supervision and Intervention
- Think beyond – Visualize unperceived needs & bring them into the design
Do not lose track of Immediate Business Benefits – The little bets and successes with right connecting dots for long term are great motivators for buy-in and use.